Sunday, October 4, 2009

October

Happy October!

Posting definitely fell by the wayside in September. I was so busy! To be honest, I barely know where the time went. One minute it was August, and now here we are, in the first Sunday of October! I won't complain though: I love fall. Fresh picked apples, Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, and finally, cooler temperatures in the kitchen!

One awesome thing? I started taking pastry classes at Chez Boucher in Hampton, NH... and I love it! The head pastry chef is so friendly and talented! She is so cool and has already done so much even though she's so young! I really enjoy the classes. It's a group of 8 ladies, each very friendly and happy to be there. We've made a good range of stuff so far- starting out easy with ginger snaps and a butter cookie, moving on to tarts with Plum Clafloutis and a Roasted Tomato Tart, and then learning how to roll with Danish! So good. I was a bit nervous about making the Danish since you have to be careful not to rip the dough or sploosh the butter, but since I'd made puff pastry for the Daring Bakers challenge the weekend before, it all went really smoothly!

Here are a few pics from the puff pastry challenge. I filled the buttery, crisp vol a vents with slightly sweet whipped vanilla cream and fresh strawberries. More pics from class to come later!

Rolled puff pastry, waiting to go in the oven.

Crispy!


Filled.


Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment